About the Company
Billions of people around the world lack access to credit or banking services, two foundational concepts of financial security. They do, however, have access to a technology that can connect them to the world’s economy: a mobile phone. As smartphones become cheaper, historically underserved populations now have the opportunity to access world-class services through rich app experiences from virtually anywhere in the world.
Juvo partners with mobile operators around the world to offer access to credit and financial services via their everyday interactions with their mobile services. We are leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones around the world to reimagine the way that consumers purchase prepaid mobile service and to address the challenges of financial inclusion.
In less than a year since our first launch, we have processed over 200 million transactions in twenty three countries for more than ten million customers and are quickly expanding around the globe.
Our team is made up of startup and telecom veterans who have played key roles at companies like Flixster, Rdio, HTC, Boku, and Virgin Mobile. We are well funded by top-tier angels and VCs including Wing Venture Capital and Freestyle Capital.
About the Job
Juvo is looking for a seasoned Technical Project Manager to join our engineering team and drive projects using agile methodologies. You will work closely with small cross functional teams that include product and program managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers.
- Be an ambassador for agile methodologies within Juvo
- Collaborate across the organization to develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Work with engineering, product, and business owners for project requirements and scope
- Help drive product decisions to align with company initiatives
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering leader, product manager (technical domain), or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
- You have a desire to partner with product teams to define strategy and requirements
- You have proficiency in working with engineering teams to design, scope, estimate, and shepherd features
- You have the ability to create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Power to influence peers and managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Capacity to own and execute multiple programs simultaneously
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools
- Shown ability to identify and resolve systemic issues