About the Company:
Billions of people around the world lack access to credit or banking services, two foundational concepts of financial security. They do, however, have access to a technology that can connect them to the world’s economy: a mobile phone. As smartphones become cheaper, historically underserved populations now have the opportunity to access world-class services through rich app experiences from virtually anywhere in the world.
Juvo partners with mobile operators around the world to offer access to credit and financial services via their everyday interactions with their mobile services. We are leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones around the world to reimagine the way that consumers purchase prepaid mobile service and to address the challenges of financial inclusion.
In less than a year since our first launch, we have processed over 15 million transactions in eight countries for more than three million customers and are quickly expanding around the globe. In 2017 Juvo will grow from ten million to 100 million users.
Our team is made up of startup and telecom veterans who have played key roles at companies like Flixster, Rdio, HTC, Boku, and Virgin Mobile. We are well funded by top-tier angels and VCs including Wing Venture Capital and Freestyle Capital.
About the Job:
The primary focus of a Solutions Architect is to help move a relationship with a partner (usually a mobile operator or other prepaid utility) from the pre-sales stage to the implementation stage. This involves presenting to partners to make sure they understand the product value proposition and how the product works, and exploring with partner technical staff what capabilities a partner has to deliver needed data so that the product can function. Since partners have very different billing and account management systems, this involves creativity to put a solution together. In addition, the Solutions Architect should understand the business risk for each solution and present alternatives to the Juvo team to mitigate the risk.
The Solutions Architect position will service partners in South and Central America as part of a global Solutions Architect Team. A Global Solution Architect will train and support the Solutions Architect with materials, but the Solutions Architect is also expected to create slides and materials to satisfy partner needs. Since initial solution design is almost always in-person, the Solutions Architect should be prepared to travel within the Americas region.
- General understanding of mobile operator billing, SMS, and account management systems and the corresponding data housed within.
- Strong Intelligence Quotient (IQ). Needs to be able to convey confidence in the solution design.
- Strong Emotional Quotient (EQ). Needs to be able to read non-verbal gestures.
- Strong conversational presentation and improvisation skills. Needs to be able to explain complex concepts simply and adjust the conversation instantaneously to address client concerns.
- Tendency toward communication and sharing. Must be able to express needs to management so that the team can deliver to the partner.
- Forceful yet compassionate treatment of partners. Doesn’t take “no” for a first answer, but knows when to back down.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years working in the telecom or telecom-related industry.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally at a moment’s notice. Normal is 40% travel, possible up to 75% during peak times.
- Expert business Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
- Proficient at PowerPoint or Keynote.