Billions of people around the world lack access to credit or banking services, two foundational concepts of financial security. They do, however, have access to a technology that can connect them to the world’s economy: a mobile phone. As smartphones become cheaper, historically underserved populations now have the opportunity to access world-class services through rich app experiences from virtually anywhere in the world.
Juvo partners with mobile operators around the world to offer access to credit and financial services via their everyday interactions with their mobile services. We are leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones around the world to reimagine the way that consumers purchase prepaid mobile service and to address the challenges of financial inclusion.
In less than a year since our first launch, we have processed over 15 million transactions in eight countries for more than three million customers and are quickly expanding around the globe. In 2017 Juvo will grow from ten million to 100 million users.
Our San Francisco-based team is made up of startup and telecom veterans who have played key roles at companies like Flixster, Rdio, HTC, Boku, and Virgin Mobile. We are well funded by top-tier angels and VCs including Wing Venture Capital and Freestyle Capital.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for talented backend engineers to work on the infrastructure that supports our applications and services. You will have an immediate impact on our decisions around architecture, technology, and scalability.
- You have 2 or more years of experience with Rails, Django, or an equivalent backend framework.
- You have experience building an API that can support multiple applications and services, including experience with API versioning and documentation.
- You are comfortable with relational and non-relational approaches to storing large amounts of data.
- Operations/Administration experience with Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent configuration management tool is a plus.
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high.