ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to help Juvo convert user data into personalized financial products. You will play a central role not only in ensuring Juvo’s success, but improving the financial landscape of millions, if not billions of people. As you create ideas for and take ownership of key Data Science and platform initiatives, you’ll play a major role in the construction of Juvo’s overall strategy and vision.
- You have an MS/PhD in a quantitative field e.g., Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, CS, Math and/or 5+ years experience in data science, product management or software development.
- You are comfortable in Unix computing environments and have a handful of your favorite BASH tricks. You are comfortable in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Scala, R, Java.
- You are familiar with distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive.
- You are constantly assessing performance of the product and love to come up with new ideas and angles to make it work even better.
- You’re great at writing docs, proposals and giving talks. You’re comfortable flying across the world and giving a talk to a partner and working things out in a python notebook on the plane ride home.
- You like working in a fast-paced collaborative environment where the mantra is to push to master, make sure it makes sense...and doesn't break!