Billions of people around the world lack access to credit or banking services, two foundational concepts of financial security. They do, however, have access to a technology that can connect them to the world’s economy: a mobile phone. As smartphones become cheaper, historically underserved populations now have the opportunity to access world-class services through rich app experiences from virtually anywhere in the world.
Juvo partners with mobile operators around the world to offer access to credit and financial services via their everyday interactions with their mobile services. We are leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones around the world to reimagine the way that consumers purchase prepaid mobile service and to address the challenges of financial inclusion.
In less than a year since our first launch, we have processed over 15 million transactions in eight countries for more than three million customers and are quickly expanding around the globe. In 2017 Juvo will grow from ten million to 100 million users.
Our San Francisco-based team is made up of startup and telecom veterans who have played key roles at companies like Flixster, Rdio, HTC, Boku, and Virgin Mobile. We are well funded by top-tier angels and VCs including Wing Venture Capital and Freestyle Capital.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for talented devops engineers to develop and improve our infrastructure. We are currently hosted in AWS with an eye on expanding to other cloud providers or bare metal. Tools in our belt include Packer, Terraform, Rundeck, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Prometheus, and Grafana. We always look at our job with a critical eye towards automating tasks, knowing that automating the manual tasks now will free us up for the next level of scale tomorrow.
- You have experience with one or more of the following:
- Configuring and administering Containers / Docker / Kubernetes.
- Installing, configuring, and administering some of the following: Hadoop / Hive / HDFS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Memcached, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Configuring and administering VPN connections with external partners using software like strongSwan.
- You have proficiency with shell scripting and one or more scripting languages (Python preferred).
- You have experience with on-call (SRE style) rotation, both as a member and as someone who has improved the processes themselves.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high.
- You communicate well and enjoy working with people who are passionate about clean code
- You want to make a difference in the world.